There’s no better time than the new year to commit to keeping healthy and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We know you have many demands on your time but taking preventive health measures today can help lead to a longer, healthier life. Learn more about well visits, screening tests, routine blood tests, vaccines, and other preventive measures including routine exercise, healthy eating, and more.
Annual well visits are different from the visits you may attend with your health care provider when you are sick or have an injury. Well visits involve physical exams that focus on preventive care and include screening tests that check for diseases.
Fitness: It is important for all ages to prioritize their health by doing routine physical activity. Physical activity supports physical and mental well-being and is one of the most important things you can do for your health. Fitting physical activity into your daily life can be difficult, but starting a regular exercise routine, such as walking, will help prevent serious diseases and premature death. Speak with your health care provider about how physical activity can help meet your personal health needs and goals.
A few things you can learn from a well visit:
- Full physical exam including calculating your body mass index (BMI) and blood pressure check
- What cancer screenings you may need at your age, and with your risk factors
- How your family health history can affect your own health
- Information about mental health resources
- What preventive health tools, like vaccines, you may need