As we know, Indian Incubators are growing swiftly and they offer a great support to the entry level entrepreneurs across India. But how talented the start-up’s are they need some external help. Because it takes some time to grow from seed level to a plant. These Indian Incubators form a perfect bridge from idea to execution. They nurture young firms and help them to survive in the early stage. Incubators are offered by non -profit organizations like government, business alliance etc.
Here are some special features of Incubators
- Tackle burdensome regulations
- They enable entrepreneurs to learn from each other
- They also promote cultural change and economic growth
- They offer one-stop facility for counsel, skills, shared facilities
- They provide networking to mobilize external services and mentoring
How to choose incubator
There are four main things to choose the right incubator
- First select the program type in which you want to enroll. i.e. accelerator (or) incubator
Incubators will nurture a business in its startup phase and allow it to develop at its own pace making them ideal for entrepreneurs who want to grow their company steadily over time.
- Second is location
It is better to select a program type that is located close to your city, in order to have more interaction with your mentors, partners etc. It is beneficial later. And also certain cities may be better for particular industries. Like New York for media, Los Angeles for entertainment etc,.
- The next is Industry focus, is another element yet to consider. You need to check the industry the incubator or accelerator specializes in. you need to choose an incubator that connect you to leaders in your industry, and also provide industry specific facilities.
- And finally, services that are provided by incubator. Make sure the services offered by incubators are completely desired. You need to find the one that offer necessary services for your startup.
First of all, make a list of your desired services first and then wanting your options accordingly.
TOP INSTITUTE STARTUP INCUBATORS IN INDIA
- TBI, BITS Pilani.
- TBI, VIT Vellore.
- RTBI, IIT Madras.
- SINE, IIT Bombay.
- CIIE, IIM Ahmadabad.
- SIDBI SIIC, IIT Kanpur.
- TREC STEP, NIT Trichy.
- NSRCEL, IIM Bangalore.
TOP STARTUP INCUBATORS IN INDIA
- Seed fund
- Angel Prime
- Khosla Labs
- Indian Angel Network
- Amity Innovation Incubator
- Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Park, -IITK
- Centre for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship -IIMA
- Nadathur S Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning (NSRCEL)
Author : Muthamizh selvi